Thursday, November 24, 2011

Me Exercise - Oh Yes.

Driving through my neighborhood today there were dozens of people walking, riding, skating, playing football. But, there was one group of three in particular who caught my eye. Smoke was billowing behind them as if the friction from their shoes was about to set their soles on fire. But as I passed by, it was their cigarettes burning madly while they huffed and puffed instead. Then the epiphany struck... 


Even though I don't smoke, this is a very applicable metaphor for my life: Smokers who exercise.

Regardless of whatever unhealthy and unhelpful choice I make, whether it is a momentary preference, a habit or a lifetime addiction, the overriding choice of improving myself will conquer - shadows always flee the light. The bottom line fact is that Truth stands on it's own, whether I live it or not. There is no fate. We all can chose to improve. Sometimes we need help from others to do it. 

I see nearly everyone in some way or another fitting into this new metaphor... we all have some unhealthy and unhelpful habits... and we all have lives to build that are worth living. 


i2i2blog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment