Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Making Sense of Life

In an effort to improve, here are a few definitions (Packhamism's) I wrote:


Agency: your freedom ends where mine begins

Age: has little to do with numbers and is more about the quality of our life


Breaking the habits of my past: We will say and do the things that we have seen and heard others do, even if it goes contrary to what we believe in, until we make a Conscious Value Choice.

Conscious Value Choice: The roots of decision making in each person's life. When I can describe what I believe in and the core values I base my decisions on a natural dissonance will occur between the self I am and the self I want to be.


Failure: when someone gives up on something that really matters to them and [dies]. In other words, we haven't failed until we can no longer act on what is important to us

1st Rule of Business: If a customer wants to give you money, let them and make it as easy as possible for him to do so

2nd Rule of Business: If you want a customer to contact you, make it as easy as possible to do so. (if they can't contact you easily, forget rule #1.)

Nothing is Free: everything has a price, it's just a matter of when and who will pay


Sacrifice: this is usually not possible because God rewards us with more than we give, so it's more of a trade-up (good investment) than a loss


Success: is not defined by what we have, it's defined by how we feel after we make a choice. 


Bryan Packham


No comments:

Post a Comment